Mary DeCaro

Monday, October 29, 2007

Arrival of relatives

Coming to visit us from back east are my dear sister in law Annie(Al's sister). She will be 90 years old next month, bless her heart. Can you ever imagine anyone her age still baking all kinds of cookies for the whole city of Sandusky, Ohio? Well, anytime anyone has a wedding or a party of any kind, they call Annie and order all kinds of cookies, and she never refuses.

I remember asking her once, " Annie, when are you going to give it up?" And her answer to me was "Never, I love it!" And she's still going strong. Almost every time I call her she's busy baking and then freezes them for whoever wants them.

Her daughter Carol and husband Roland are bringing her here by plane and then renting a car. Carol and Roland want to tour California, so after they drop Annie off here, they may stay overnight and then head up north. Afterwards they will be going to visit Roland's sister in the L.A. area. A few days later around the 10th Al's sister Pauline and her husband Clyde will be coming from Arizona to spend a few days with us too.

It will be nice to see them all and visit with us, just wish I was feeling better so that I could do all the things I'd like to do. Life gets hard when you're pushing 84. Wish I had the stamina my sister in law Annie has. She not only does all this baking, she also belongs to several women's clubs, plays cards, bocci, bowling, etc. Can you imagine THAT at her age? She's one to be admired !!!

Well, we'll see how it goes after they all get here, just hope and pray that our Dear Lord gives me the strength to do all the things I want to do.

Then later, for Thanksgiving, our dear son Steve plans to spend that weekend with Tony, Lucy and us. Really looking forward to that. We don't get to see Steve that often since he lives so far from us, but when we do, it's such a joy because he and Tony start playing all kinds of music. Tony on the Piano and Steve with his Guitar. Takes me back to when they were both still at home with us. Our home was always filled with music. That was such a joyful time that I will always cherish !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home